Gmail is a popular email service because of its user-friendly interface, the 15GB storage that can be shared between Google Drive, Photos and other products and the many productivity tools it offers. Gmail’s user interface is not loved by everyone.
It’s surprising how much Gmail has improved over the years. Most email providers have the same modern interface with a browser. Certain email providers use end-to-end encryption and take extra measures to protect your messages.
Today, we’ll evaluate the best Gmail alternatives. While each offers a secure service, the right choice for you will depend on the amount of storage you need and the integrations that you wish to use.
1. Zoho Mail
Our first recommendation is Zoho Mail. This feature-rich email service is perfect for small businesses as well as individuals. It’s a good alternative to Gmail.
Zoho Mail offers a simple user interface, which you can organize with Streams. Streams lets you exchange files and assign task. It is a great feature for professionals that want to use Zoho mail.
Zoho Mail makes it simple to create a personalized business email. It’s a good option for people who want to look professional.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Integrate other Zoho products like Zoho Docs Notebook, Workdrive
- Access 24/7 customer support via email, chat or phone
- Group Accounts with User Rights
- S/MIME encryption
Mail.com offers Gmail alternatives that offer a variety of customizable domains. It is an excellent option for freelancers who want to look more professional without spending money on a custom domain.
For instance, you can set up an email like firstname.lastname@example.org that’s completely free. You can also choose something casual, such as email@example.com, if you prefer to use it for personal communication.
Mail.com offers an application called Mail Collector, which allows you to manage several accounts from one mailbox. Create a central Mail.com account to coordinate communications that come in regardless of whether it is coming from your personal email or business email.
The intuitive dashboard of Mail.com allows you to keep your inbox tidy. It also comes with an online office suite, organizer tool and calendar.
- Mobile web access
- Apps available for iPhone, iPad and Android
- Email widgets
- 30 MB attachment limit
- Spam filtering, anti-virus protection and US server storage
ProtonMail will be our last Gmail alternative. It is also known for its high level of security.
Our ProtonMail cares so much about your privacy, you can open an account with just a username and password. You may also choose to provide a recovery email.
All email accounts come with calendars and storage devices. It is a good alternative to Gmail.
- Apps on Android and iOS as well as an email client
- Calendar and storage drive with encryption
- Open-source code
- Data Centers with Biometric Security
- Email encryption end-to-end
Tutanota is Latin for “secure messages” and makes an excellent alternative to Gmail if you are concerned about privacy. The email provider has its headquarters in Germany. It offers free accounts, affordable upgrades, and an open-source platform for email.
Tutanota offers the same features as Gmail alternatives Mail.com or Zoho Mail. However, you can still open and edit documents with their programs. Other features include alias addresses, white-labeling, and secure servers in Europe.
- All emails, calendars and contacts are encrypted
- Email content, such as subject lines and body text, can be encrypted
- Android desktop apps on Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Enhance security with double-factor authentication
- The policy is to not use third-party captchas or advertising, and also to log no data.
If you use Microsoft products, then our next suggestion might be for you. Outlook Free integrates seamlessly with Microsoft’s other services.
Users of Gmail will quickly adapt to the new interface as it’s easy to use. Outlook supports attachments that are up to 34MB. You can send files up 2GB using OneDrive.
Outlook boasts of advanced security features that it says are equivalent to enterprise-level services.
- Contact syncing Options
- Email calendar and integrated
- Office 365 Web Versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint are free.
- Skype Real-time Chat
- Accessibility tools (voice-controlled Navigation and Support for Assistive Devices)